Terms & Conditions
The following 11 paragraphs are the terms and conditions which cover the agreement between you (the Client) and me (the Guide) when you make a booking.
1. Booking and Contract.
A booking can be made by telephone, mail, email or direct. The client must provide a full current address and phone number. The contract between Client and Guide is made upon receipt of the written confirmation from Guide and Client. When the client accepts the booking, he also agrees to these Terms & Conditions.
The services covered by the contract are guided tours. The scope of the services is discussed beforehand and detailed in the written booking confirmation.
- Unless otherwise specified in writing in advance, payment is due at the agreed start time of the tour, in cash. Cheques and credit cards cannot be accepted. Alternatively, an invoice can be sent after the tour and payment made by bank transfer or Paypal. Vouchers from third parties can only be accepted when agreed in writing in advance.
- The payment is without “Mehrwertsteuer” (Sales Tax, VAT)
- Entrance fees, travel costs and separately booked extra tours (for example in Museums, Palaces, Castles or Gardens), are not part of the Guides fee and must be paid by the client.
- If the tour begins or ends outside Veitshoechheim (for tours in Veitshoechheim), or Wuerzburg (for Wuerzburg tours), then the Guide is to be reimbursed the travel costs, and paid for any extra time incurred.
4. Maximum group size
A walking tour has a maximum of 30pax per group; for goups with their own audio system or for coach tours 50pax. If more people are in the group, then the Guide reserves the right to engage a second Guide, at the cost of the Client. If no suitable second Guide can be found, then I have the right to double the agreed fee.
Cancellations must be made in writing. The following apply to the fee then due:
- Up to and including the 4th day before the agreed tour date: No fee.
- Less than 4 days before: 100% Fee.
- Group fails to turn up at the agreed time or place: 100% fee.
6. Delayed start.
- The Guide is at the meeting point at least 5 minutes before the agreed start time.
- The Guide will wait a maximum of 30 minutes after the agreed start time. The tour will then be shortened to finish on time and the full fee is due. It may be possible to carry out the full length of the tour, in which case the fee will be based on the tour and waiting times together. If the group fails to turn up within the 30 minutes, then it is regarded as a “no-show” and the full fee is due.
- If a delay is expected then the Guide is to be informed immediately.
- If the tour is delayed due to reasons beyond the control of the Guide, then the tour will not be extended.
7. Booking changes
- If the Client or the group decides to end the tour prematurely, then the full fee is due.
- Changes to the time, place, tour content or other significant factors that have been agreed, can only be made up to and including 4 days before the agreed date. After that, the booking has to be cancelled (100% fee) and a new booking made.
8. Visiting tourist attractions
- The Guide has no influence on opening times of any tourist attractions. The tour appointment begins at the agreed time: it does not mean entry to a Museum etc. at that time.
- Further, the Guide has no influence on the general accessibility of museums, public buildings and, in particular, churches.
- In the UNESCO Heritage Site “Würzburger Residenz”, special regulations apply. Groups numbering less than 30pax – even if they have booked a private guide – can be “filled-up” with other guests for the tour within the Residenz. There can be a short wait before entry to the palace is allowed.
9.Cancellation by the Guide
The Guide reserves the right to cancel the tour in the case of a serious hindrance (e.g. illness). Every effort will be made to find another suitable guide and avoid cancellation. The Terms remain valid for the second guide.
Guests take part on a tour at their own risk and responsibility. The Guide cannot be held liable for accidents, health problems of the guests or other damage, nor for the actions of third parties.
Contracts are governed by German Law. Jurisdiction is in Würzburg, Germany.